Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Not a very good blogger

I really wanted to start a blog, but I also really wanted to paint my bedroom, and sew, and sew some more and then work on my garden, etc., etc., etc. My daughter said to me, "Mom, maybe you should cut something out". Of course she is correct but I just don't know what because I love some of those things so much. Getting called back into work has really thrown me for a loop because that has cut into my time quite a bit! Hmmm. That's the other factor, my daughter and her beautiful baby girl Annabelle. Courtney, Annabelle and I have started taking a long walk together once a week, don't want to cut that out either, it is too special. Last week we were walking and it was junk up week around here, everyone cleans out their garages and basements and puts it all at the edge of the road and then the town comes by to pick it up. While we were walking a found a wonderful basket, it will be perfect to collect vegetables this summer.





I am also not a very good blogger because Valerie tagged me and I failed miserably, really don't know who else to tag because I am so new at this, don't know many bloggers, just read a lot of them.

Valerie my six word meme is "Love makes my world go round." So sorry it took me so long to post that. That should have been easy, the love of my Lord Jesus Christ and that of my husband and my family is what makes my world what it is, pretty terrific.

My son Jason and my daughter-in-law Holly took my grandson Jason to his first baseball game, looks like he enjoyed his nap on Daddy.

Last night I made a little shirt for him. I love the fabric with the little turtles or honu as they are called in Hawaii, so cute. I think the fabric is from Timeless Treasures.I am going to his house for a week to babysit starting on Sunday and then at the end of the week our family will gather to celebrate his first birthday. This will be special for me because I don't get to spend much time with him. Hope he gets to know me well and isn't shy of me. I plan to take lots of walks with him in the stroller, hope the weather is good. The other reason I am sewing like crazy is because my husband bought me a very special birthday gift. This will be the last sewing machine I ever get, I will never need another. The only thing this doesn't do is cook dinner for us. I think I am going to attempt some knits or terry cloths, some things that I have always avoided.




I have been sewing up a storm with it, mostly kids clothes, they are so fast it is instant gratification.
For Tessa, and for Joy, little dresses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue - I think you're an excellent blogger. Great job. Hope you enjoyed your time with your grandson. Look forward to seeing you on Monday. Your quilt classmate - Barbara

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like you are having way to much fun to be blogging.

The new machine is a dream. Perhaps you can download a teaching skill of cooking onto it. LOL It's hard to pull away from a machine that sews like a dream.

Have a great weekend.

Val said...

You are a great blogger! I love to visit. Don't cut out the blogging. Blogging keeps me accountable to myself. I love your six word meme. I also am fairly new to blogging. You sound just like me. I have so much I want to do. Sewing, Gardening, blogging, and husband, children, & grandchildren are also among them. I love to see what you are sewing. Your quilt top is great. By the way, what kind of sewing machine is it? Looking forward to your next post.