Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Every Morning . . . . .





















In sharing her feelings about the loss of her cousins a year ago my daughter Courtney sited her morning glories as a reminder of these Bible verses:
Lamentations 3:22-23
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

I hadn't seen her morning glories yet and stopped by the other morning, they are so beautiful. So of course I had to take a picture.

9 comments:

Audrey Lois said...

Glorious morning glories for sure!

Anonymous said...

I remember our Dad planting this beautiful blue morning glory on strings at the end of our back porch in the first Roselle house, and then later in their Lebanon house, planting them so they grew up two stories. They are a bit slow to start but worth it. As the days cool they stay open longer during the day.

Val said...

These are just gorgeous! I am glad you took a picture and shared them with us.

Rosemarie said...

What a beautiful color - my favorite. There is just something about a bunch of flowers that make me take a deep breath, relax, and get the strength to continue on with my day - more often than not a crazy one!

Needled Mom said...

The blue color is just beautiful. What a pretty vine that makes.

Anonymous said...

Mom, you should post a pic of the zinnias in your garden at the lake. I meant to take a photo over the weekend and forgot. They're so pretty. ~Court

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Susan,
I enjoy looking at your blog and try to keep up each week! I need to post more - I was so taken with Courtney's beautiful morning glories and of course it too made me think about her email. They are beautiful, thanks for sharing! My love to you and Uncle Walt!!!

Val said...

I have given you an award for your blog. Go to mine and pick it up.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Morning Glorys and story behind them!! God Bless.