Sunday, September 7, 2008

A day trip up North . . . .

Walt and I took a ride up to Blue Mountain Lake to the Adirondack Museum. What a beautiful place, perennials blooming everywhere (all have little signs to tell you what they are). The Rustic Furniture Fair was going on and so that was an added treat, getting to see all of that beautiful furniture. Those that construct it are just getting more creative all the time. I took this picture of Walt out front in the big chair, thought he looked funny.

While Walt was inside reading about logging I was enjoying the beautiful day and wandering around to see if anything was new. I found a gorgeous lean-to all decked out with bright curtains, a fisherman's platform tent, another place where I could while away many hours and a beautiful garden fence as was once used in the early 1900's around the gardens in the Adirondacks.

1 comment:

Audrey Lois said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Walter looks great in the chair!!!